Barren Race, a lovely poem about self discovery...


Barren Race

My being of worth.
I am a creature, a seductive valley. 
Outlined a creamy, fair cover.
With speckled, marked territory. 

My flushed curves, an original pattern. 
My velvet lines, edge my naked grooves. 
Round, bare, arched traces.
Of creases, wrinkles and imperfection.
My feminine glisten, a warm shade.
My painted figure, a gift.
Fleshy, gentle. soft hints.
Of a woman's soul, open and whole.

We are created from earth.
Crafted from rain, salt, powder and soil.
No artificial or plastic life.
No mistakes.
All real parts.
All real body parts.
Like nature, we grow and are created just as we are.
Just as we need to be.
Like the disfigured knots on a tree's trunk.
Or the birthmark you can not hide.
It's all created to be this way.
We are deeply one.
Worthy of our creator.
The mother that surrounds us.
Beauty in imperfection.
We are the works of the universe.

Popular posts from this blog

Am I too sensitive? Aren't You?

What is a prank phone call?