keikaikoa.com "The Entrepreneur"





WBFF 2013, Halifax
Hi its me Melanie MM of Keikaikoa.com what to say about myself ? Well that is me last year at a bikini competition on my 40th Birthday. I wanted to do something that would make me feel happy again, to get out of my former skin and to a new one. A different me, a better one...A healthier new me. That meant putting me first, to become a better mother, wife and friend.  I was grieving and refusing to live my life with regrets. So I worked hard and put all my energy into my meals, my workouts and yoga. I can't even begin to articulate how grateful I am for all the support and love I received from my friends and family. So this website isn't just about the swimwear, the products, the life on the beach... its about the process.
Growing up in Wolfville, Nova Scotia was like being transported into another world, its rolling hills and summers at the apple orchard was really a fantastic way to live and see Canada in its purity. I studied Fashion Design in Montreal, I lived in Toronto and owned a bread shop and café on Young and Eglinton. I had my children and lived in Vancouver, BC, so you could say I have lived and experienced the Canadian way. I have moved 35 times in my lifetime and in those years I have met all kinds of people, neighborhoods and amazing communities and now it is time to give back.
 With Keikaikoa.com, we want to create a lifestyle...A collaborative effort from our travels and experiences...We asked " What do we need to make us happy?"  A connection with the people with the same interests. To surround ourselves with positive energy and kindness. We will be blogging about nutrition, fitness, yoga,  the latest styles in fashion, art, interior design, travel and food.
 I asked my husband to write what he thought of me just to make you know me a little better but it turned out to be a tear jerker but here it is anyway...
"I met Melanie through a mutual friend almost 16 years ago. From that moment I knew there was something special about her. Her obvious beauty, grace, and confidence, were the first and most attractive attributes that a person would notice immediately, but there was so much more!
At the time she was orchestrating a fashion show for charity with several design students she
was mentoring, at the same time working 3 jobs. Wow I thought, what a woman! I told her within 24 hours of meeting her I wanted her to be the mother of my children.
Since then, 2 beautiful children later she has continued to inspire me as well as many other people along the way. We have traveled the world together from  the Philippines, Hong Kong,  Australia, New Zealand, Caribbean, Hawaii  all over the US, across Canada and recently Mexico. Many places and things I would not have done if it wasn't for the inspiration and encouragement of Melanie. She has taught me, as well as had to remind me on several occasions on how to live and enjoy a healthier life, be a better person.
And have fun doing it. From scuba diving in Mexico or Belize, Bungie jumping, zip trekking over a volcano. Exploring waterfalls of the Big Island and trekking the Volcanos or yoga 4 times a day, running a 10k TO Sun Run,  supporting her relatives in the Philippines, and starting a business together there is nothing she cannot do."
Is that sweet or what???
Actually he forgot that I am an awesome cook! jajajaja!
And there is tonnes I cannot do, the bucket list gets longer everyday because the more you know the more you find out you have not done enough and life is too short, so lets have fun and make this world a little smaller by connecting with each other.

...
 





Popular posts from this blog

Am I too sensitive? Aren't You?

What is a prank phone call?