Summer has come and gone!!!



KeiKaiKoa Models were an amazing bunch of women, some were mothers, wives, sisters, cousins, friends and artists. I cannot thank them enough for a job well done. You may look at them and think they must be so special and to me they certainly are. But they are regular women just like the rest of us. They have their insecurities and judgments on themselves. They are vulnerable and fragile but they all have one thing in common, "self respect" and taking care of their bodies is priority. You can find these ladies regularly at the gym or belong to a team sport. This gives these ladies self esteem, confidence and lets face it a rocking "bikini body". How do you get that bikini body? Well they avoid alcohol, sodas and look the other way when they see the chips, dips and sweets on the grocery aisle and you may say "work out obsessively"! To the regular folks who do not work out at all it may be obsessive and I was one of you. I thought the same way...
Until one day I woke up, after witnessing my mother take her last breath, literally.  I made a decision to live longer for my small children. Also I am not getting any younger and my husband just gets older and more handsome each day and I just get more content with myself. I wasn't obese but I was always looking for clothes to fit me better and getting more creative with my clothes. I definitely had no energy to run after my babies and barely picked them up because of a bad back.
Now with all the activities I do and the weight loss, I just fit in my clothes better. I take pride in taking care of myself and knowing that I have enough energy at 41 to take circus lessons with my 9 year old daughter and hang upside down in mid air with just a foot wrap!  
I call it bonding with my little one but I want to show my daughter that life is too short just to be content. Life can be adventurous and fun it doesn't have to be a struggle. Growing up for me here was not only a struggle but a lesson my children do not have to learn. Maybe I can guide them through their hardship and they will get their fair share of "life lessons" but they certainly do not have to be forced to go through the same route as I did. Their struggles will be different and we will be there to share our experiences and help them manage their success and failures. Because folks life is just like a "circus". Get Fit, Get Cheeky and for goodness sake Have Fun!!!




Popular posts from this blog

Am I too sensitive? Aren't You?

What is a prank phone call?