Beach Terrariums at Trinity Jewellers






Beach Terrariums by keikaikoa.com

We have been making beach terrariums for a couple of years now and it started out as a hobby and just gave it my friends and family as gifts and when people stay at the cottage at our #airbnb we give it to our guests. We have made it for charities to auction off and I will be doing workshops soon on how to make the terrariums.
How it all began...
Going through so much emotion after my mother's death, the move here in Nova Scotia by the ocean has really helped. During these walks I discovered beautiful driftwoods, sea glass and shells all weathered and nestled in the seaweeds. They were so beautiful and really just started collecting my treasures in a jar and soon the jar created a story. I started arranging them neatly and adding the succulents I had from my garden.  I placed them on the window ledges, where they would get some light and watched them grow and I really took some pleasure in how I can take the story of the beach and place it in a jar or vase, even a bowl or a old cup, how I could give this to someone and share a little piece of the beach with them. To remind them that we are surrounded by such beauty and amazing waves that will cleanse our soul. 
Some people live in apartments or homes far away from the view of the ocean. Most do not have the time to go to the beach and this little gift will not only remind them of the fun times spent with their families by the sea but will also give them pleasure watching their gift grow. I live by the ocean and I love seeing my succulents, flower and grow by the kitchen window sill.  When the ground is covered with snow I can still see the beach!,  right here in the comfort of my warm home.

Care for the terrariums...
Depending on where you place your terrariums they may use as little as being watered once a week, a spritz of water keeping the moss moist or you can spritz everyday when the terrariums is in direct sunlight. We have gone on vacations for as long as three weeks and when I got back they were still alive, after watering generously before our trip. 
You can also rearrange and add your finds at the beach to your beach terrariums. If you have neglected your succulent there is always room for a new one. Please recycle your glass or simply return it to us and we will give you a new beach terrarium for the fraction of the cost. 
Spritz bottles are found in any garden centre or the dollar store. 

Special Occasions...
Are you planning a wedding, bachelorette parties? Gifts for the bride or the groom? House warming gifts or just to give a gift that lasts. Allergic to flowers? Why not our beach terrariums? 

Trinity Jewellers on Quinpool Rd, NS will have the Beach Terrariums available for purchase. 

Popular posts from this blog

Am I too sensitive? Aren't You?

What is a prank phone call?